NCROWAN-L Archives

Archiver > NCROWAN > 2007-10 > 1192175452

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NCROWAN] George Irvin/Erwin
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:50:52 -0000

Author: ElaineHensley44
Surnames: Irvin,Erwin,Irwin,Ervin,Irvine,Irving
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.northcarolina.counties.rowan/12218.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The Christopher Irvin that you mentioned is my G-G-G-G-Grandfather. He did have a son George, he married at about the time you mentioned to a Lyall (possibly other spellings), the daughter of his father's second wife after Jane McDowell died. They did come to Tennessee on a land grant. Christopher was a blacksmith in the Revolutionary war. He received a grant for his service, also his son Christopher II, was given a deed to a land grant on Flat Creek, by his wife's mother, in her will. I lose track of George after his marriage around 1790, as my memory serves without checking my files, in Iredell Co., formerly Rowan County, but I'm almost certain he came to Tennessee, as his siblings did. Can you tell me where this "Holstine River" is supposed to be located in Tennessee ?? I think we're cousins !!!

Best regards,
Elaine

Important Note: