NCROWAN-L Archives

Archiver > NCROWAN > 2007-10 > 1192245364

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NCROWAN] George Irvin/Erwin
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 03:16:04 -0000

Author: crzypopmac
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.northcarolina.counties.rowan/12218.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hummm, actually it is not me but my wife, she is the Irvin/Irwin/Erwin/Ervin. This George born 1700-1739, his son claimed on the 1880 Census (when he was 77, and possibly not completely accurate) that his father (George) was born in Ireland, and his mother was from Virginia (however as you know Virginia took up a lot of area at one time). This George had a son Valentine (not exactly a common first name, like the various Valentine Sevier, of which I count 4 in my data)and a son William, a daughter Lucinda, a son named Smith (not too common either) and a son Jackson, daughter Margaret. I am not so sure where the Holstine River is (but have also see n it spelled "Holston" (near a NOLICHUCKY river- never heard of it either), possibly in near Greene Co??? Have no idea. e mail me directly at - Mac

Important Note: