NCSURRY-L Archives

Archiver > NCSURRY > 2004-08 > 1093620367

From: "Jimmy and Cindy Goad" <>
Subject: Will Lookup request
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:26:07 -0400

Someone on the listed had asked me to to a will lookup for Newman Blackburn, I am sorry but I lost your email, so I will post the will here

Surry County NC Will Abstracts
Will Book I page 2a. Will of NEWMAN BLACKBURN, who is sick. 10 Dec 1771. Wife Elizabeth gets home plantation, negro woman Doll, negro boy Micajah. Son Younger Blackburn gets negro Sam. Son John Blackburn gets negro girl Ester. Son William Blackburn gets negro boy Oliver. Son Reuben Blackburn gets negro boy Charles. Daughter Mary Blackburn gets negro girl Little Frank. Child in Being.. Exrs: son, Younger; Bray Bynum. Wit: James Harrison, Anthony Hampton, Ambros Blackburn. Recorded Feb. Court 1772, proved by Anthony Hampton. Younger Blackburn and Gray Bynum Qualified.

Will Book I page 45. Account of Estate of Newman Blackburn showing balance of L91:5:9. Mentioned are: Charles McAnnally, Jacob Bonn, Traugott Bagge, Abraham Martin, James Harrington, Joseph Spairpoint. Returned to May Court 1775 by exr. Younger Blackburn and ordered to be recorded.

Cindy

This thread: