NCWAYNE-L Archives

Archiver > NCWAYNE > 2001-10 > 1002746194

From: "Ray Horton" <>
Subject: Re: [NCWAYNE] PEACOCK connections to Worrell, Applewhite, Thompson
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:36:34 -0400

Laura,

I see from the roll call that you are researching several of the names that
I have in my database:

1. I have a Priscella Worrell (b c 1745) married to John Peacock. Peacock
reseachers disagree on which John she was married to. Some say she was
another wife of the John Peacock (c1710/15 - c1781) that was married to
Patience Ann Raiford (my line - this John my 5G Grandfather). Others say
Priscella was married to the John (b 1736) who was son of Samuel Peacock II
(1705-93), a brother of the other John. Can you shed any light.

2. John and Patience's son Peter PEACOCK (c 1745 - c1824) was married to a
Sally APPLEWHITE (b bef. 1749).

3. John and Patience's son, "Lame" John PEACOCK (c1755-c1828), was married
to a Mary THOMPSON (1759-aft 1828). Also, Peter's grandson, Peter Lewis
PEACOCK, married a Sally THOMPSON. Another THOMPSON connection was a little
later in TN, when Peneicy PEACOCK (b 1839), ggranddaughter of John and
Patience (through Jesse and Wiley) married a Steven M. THOMPSON in 1859 in
Carroll Co., TN.

Do you recognize any of these Worrell, Applewhite and Thompson names.

My line is Samuel PEACOCK 1>John & Patience Raiford PEACOCK > Jesse &
Elizabeth > Wiley & Lefa > Rufus Wiley PEACOCK & Martha Davie, etc.

Ray