NCWILKES-L Archives

Archiver > NCWILKES > 2007-01 > 1169521990

Subject: [NCWILKES] CLARK FAMILIES OF WILKES CO NC
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:13:10 EST

I would like to contact Patricia Torrez, a research for the Wilkes Co NC
CLARK families. Her email address is no longer valid on Wilkes Co Surname
listing.

THOMAS CLARK on 1800 Wilkes Co NC census removed to Hamilton Co IN. I
believe before Hamilton Co IN, he and a HENRY CLARK, who appears to be the age
range are listed on 1820 Lawrence Co IN census report. If I am correct, I am
certain they are connected to my CLARK's who are early in Wilkes Co NC...Thomas
on 1800 census appears to be the only CLARK for that census year.

Patricia wrote:
Hamilton Co. Querie Researching the following family. Thomas CLARK b. 22
Apr. 1770 in MD. son of John T. CLARK m. 1 May, 1800 Wilkes Co. NC. to Elizabeth
(Betsey) McBRIDE Will probated for Thomas CLARK on 24 Feb. 1858 in Hamilton
Co. IN. Thomas/ Elizabeth's children were all born in Wilkes Co. NC: Thomas,
Barbary/Barbara, Sally, John, Jane/Jinsey, Rebecca, Timothy, Henry, William,
Nancy, Wiley, Harrison, Lindson, McBride Uriah/Hugh. Thomas CLARK and family
first settled in Fall Creek Twp. in 1834.

Patricia L Torrez 1996 post on Hamilton Co IN GenWeb site

Phyllis Phillips

This thread: