NCWILKES-L Archives

Archiver > NCWILKES > 2012-02 > 1330558416

From: "Beam, Cindy L" <>
Subject: Re: [NCWILKES] Reaearch help on Ferguson's of Wilkes co, NC
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:33:36 -0600

Jodi,

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, my Harris/Chavis line has taken a difficult turn - I finally figured out that there were two Laura A's of the same age, married around the same time, and both to Harris men in Wilkes County. Laura A. Church married Benjamin Harris, and my Laura A. Elrod married Samuel Harris. So, I'm having to rethink my entire Harris line, and may not connect to the Chavis family, after all. I did find enough records to be sure that my Laura Elrod and Samuel Harris is the right line.

I found a Samuel Harris, the right age, on the 1860 census, in the lower division of Wilkes, with parents John and Catherine (Nicholson) Harris, so I'm pursuing that lead.

I do have 44 Ferguson names, so far, but have not really done much with them. They may be the FPC line, since one is from Orange County, NC and several moved to TN or KY.

If you have any ideas on my Harris line, I'd be forever grateful! Maybe we can help each other.

Cindy