NEBRHeritage-L Archives

Archiver > NEBRHeritage > 2001-12 > 1008285564

Subject: Re: [NEBRHeritage-L] LITTLE RED BOX OF NEBRASKA TRIVIA #16
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:19:24 EST

Well, I found this on Oldtime Nebraska site:
Some 235 persons lost their lives. This was the worst storm since 1864; the
Colorado River in Texas was frozen with ice a foot thick, for the first time
in the memory of man."

I had a couple of distant relatives in Dixon County, Nebraska who died in
that blizzard.

Take care ~ Kathie Harrison

Lancaster County Coordinator, NEGenWeb
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~irishrose/lancindex.html

Harrison Roots & Branches
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~irishrose/index.html

Listowner of these Rootsweb mail lists :
NELANCAS-L, NEDIXON-L, NESAUNDE-L, BRICE-L Surname, BRODY-L Surname, BLUNT-L
Surname, CALDWELL-L Surname, WEITZEL-L Surname, & MEDICAL-GENEALOGY-L .

We sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled
dream; it may be so the moment after death. ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

This thread: