NELSON-L Archives

Archiver > NELSON > 2007-11 > 1194785901

From: "Joe Thurstenson" <>
Subject: [NELSON] Nebraska Nelson
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 06:58:21 -0600

Isak Nilsson (Isaac Nelson) and Lena Stina (Christina) Johnsdotter are my GG
Grandparents. Isaac was born 12 Mar 1817 in Smaland, Sweden (Hreda parish)
and Christina was born 6 May 1813 in Smaland, Sweden (Bckseda Parish). They
had three children: Anna Catharina Isaksdottor (Nilsson) born 15 Apr 1840
in Vetlanda parish, Jonkopings Lan, Sweden; Johan Alfred (Albert?) Isackson
born 29 Jan 1855 in Skiro parish, Jonkopings Lan, Sweden; and Frank Otto
Nelson born 16 Dec 1857 in same location as siblings. Frank died 15 Sep
1883 in Oakland, NE. The others I don't know where they died.

It is my goal to learn when and where Isak and Christina died and are
buried. In an 1880 census report for Cuming twp in Cuming County, Nebraska
they and their son Frank Otto were living on a farm. I do not know what
happened to the parents after that census. Frank lived in or around Oakland
until about 1900 when he moved his family to Julesburg, Colorado for 7 or 8
years and then to Wausa, Knox County, NE until about 1920 when they moved to
Turlock, California. But during all this time, I find no mention of Isak
and Christina in family history so assumed they died in the Oakland,
Nebraska area but have been unable to find any trace of them.

The two oldest siblings were left behind in Sweden when the parents and
Frank moved to USA. I don't know what happened to Anna. Johan did come to
the USA and started out in Chicago but later moved his family to a Swedish
Colony in Silver Hill, Alabama that was developing right around 1900. He
kept the traditional Swedish naming pattern so did not use the "Nelson"
surname in USA.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Joe Thurstenson

Siloam Springs, Arkansas