NETHERLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > NETHERLANDS > 2000-06 > 0961514252

From: <>
Subject: Re: [NLD] Roosen surname
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:17:32 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:42:52 +1000 "Geoff Roosen"
<> writes:
>Is anyone researching the ROOSEN surname?
>I would be grateful to make any new contact.
>
>Geoff Roosen
>Melbourne, Australia

1610-1618:
Heymen (no patronymic given) Phoppen (surname)
Heymen Janss
Willem Heymenss
Arien Heymenss
Jan Heymenss
Maria Heyms
Jan Mertenss ROOSSEN (surname)

A gap of 20 years no index found

1638-1641
Abraham Gijsberts ROOSE ---->uncle of Albert.
Heyman Gijsbertsen ----> father of Albert
Jan Heijmanssen

Source: Index of the Hoge Bank of Tuil on Valentine Van Zee's
homepage, http://www.angelfire.com/mt/hist/Records.html.

Albert Heymansen Roosa (Aeldert Heijmensen Roosa, who was
born in 1621 in Herwijnen, Gelderland, Holland, was my ancestor. He
went to NY in 1660. He was son of Heijman Gijsbertsen Roosa, born
in about 1588. Heijman was son of Gijsbert Goerttzen Rosa, son of
Goirt /Geurt Heijmanss Rosa, born ca. 1530.

Albert, who came to NY, wrote his surname with "e", ROOSe, but
his sons wrote Rosa. His brother Aert Heijmansen Rosa's
descendants in 1900 and on write with "z" -- ROZA.

Would you exchange yours? I would love to hear more about Roose.

Jean Boutcher
Washington, D.C.
usa

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!