NETHERLANDS-L Archives

Archiver > NETHERLANDS > 2011-07 > 1312173120

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NETHERLANDS] Broere
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 04:32:00 -0000

Author: broere_1
Surnames: Claudia Broere Kontrimas
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.weurope.netherlands.zeeland/774.775.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My understanding is that all the 45 Broere families were from Baastian Broere, from Minnesota to New Jersey to Long Island.
Benjamin Broere lived to be over 100 years old (sayville, New YOrk) There are multiple Peter's and Cornelius' for names. I can not tell if they were brothers or father's and sons. My father is James, died 2003 @ age 77, his father John was born in 1890( Merchant marine and rum runner for Joe Kennedy, yes the father of JFK). John's brothers Cornelius, and One other (not sure which one) married two Van Wyen sisters, and lived on Long Island. " Dutchman on the Bay" has photos of Baastian Broere (a dutch reformed reformed preacher) in the book. Also there is the exact location of the Broere's house in 1903 in West Sayville (the protestant dutch side of Sayville)

Important Note: