NEVILLE-L Archives

Archiver > NEVILLE > 1997-09 > 0875508698

From: Ren Neville <>
Subject: KATHERINE NEVILLE
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:51:38 -0700

Thomas Lunsford, Knight, of Lunsford, Sussex Co., England married second
in 1640, Katherine Neville, died in Virginia in 1649, daughter of Henry
Neville, Knight of Billingbear, Berkshire Co., England (three daughters
returned to England as wards of their grandmother, Dame Elizabeth
Neville) Question: wasn't there a Thomas Lunsford mentioned in some
early deed recordings concerning the emigrant Neville founders? Does
anyone know who this Katherine Neville is. Possibilities:
(1) Katherine Neville b: 1570 in Billingbear, m. Edmund Doyley, daughter
of Henry Neville d: 1593 and Elizabeth Gresham, no dates. (my guess)
(2) Henry Neville of Billingbear, d: 1641, son of Edward Neville and
Rachael Leonard, with know sons John Nevill died 1660, place unknown and
brother George Neville died 1666 place unknown (no daughters listed)
(3) Henry Neville of Billingbear, d: 1629 m. Elizabeth Smith with son
Henry Neville b: 1620 of Billingbear who married Elizabeth Staverton (no
daughters listed)
(4) Henry Neville b: 1564 of Billingbear, d: 1615, son of Henry Nevill
and Elizabeth Gresham, several sons and daughters listed to include a
Katherine Neville who married Richard Brooke (no dates)

Thomas Lunsford m. third Elizabeth_______Kemp, widow of Richard Kemp of
"Richneck" James City Co., VA.
Children of Thomas Lunsford and Katherine Neville:
(1)Elizabeth Lunsford b: 1642, m. Daniel Norton in Berkshire England.
(2)Philippa Lunsford (second daughter)
(3)Mary Lunsford, born in Tower of London, 1647, m. Thomas Collier

Child of Thomas Lunsford and widow Elizabeth Kemp:
Katherine Lunsford b: abt 1652 m. Ralph Wormeley of "Rose Gill",
Middlesex Co., VA

I just love the interplay of Henry Neville and George Neville when I
look at my grandfathers chart that sez my ancestor gen John Neville's
father was one George Neville and his father or ancestor was Sir Henry
Neville who came to Virginia in 1613 and who's son or descendant George
of Farquier Co., VA married Ann Burroughs of Virginia a 1st cousin to
Lord Fairfax. One more little thought to bug you. Katherine Nevill b:
1570 who married Edmund Doyley as St. Lawrence Waltham, Berkshire
England had a brother Henry Nevill b: 1564 of Billingbear who married
Ann Killigrew. This Henry died someplace in 1615, could it be Virginia?
Also, Katherine Neville Doyley was married at Lawrence Waltham. Lunsford
-Neville daughters Elizabeth Lunsford and Mary Lunsford were both
married at Lawrence Waltham, Berkshire Co., England.

Now aint this fun!!!!!!!!!!
Ren and Judy Neville
vom Junggesellental Rottweilers
W├Ârterbuch Publishing
510-432-3323 voice/FAX

"If God so clothe the grass of the field....shall
He not much more clothe you" MATT. 6:30

This thread: