NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 1999-08 > 0935565877

From: Pam Thomson <>
Subject: Napier settlers
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:24:37 -0700

My GGGgrandmother, Douglas Mary McKain, along with several of her
children & grandchildren, was one of the first settlers in the
Eskdale area of Napier. Do you have copies of the book on Pioneer
Women & also the account written by Robina Agnes McKain/Villers/Roe of
her childhood there? She was born in Westshore in 1854- most of the
family moved there in the first 5 years of the 1850's. I can send you
some copies but it would be silly to send them all the way from
Canada, if you have access to the books already.

> Hello list
> Does anyone out there have any references to names of people living in
> Napier 1850's - 1860's. The references can be anything from the
> registrars name on a Birth or Death certificates, informants, etc etc.
> I'm trying to piece together the early settlers of the area. If you do
> have such names - I would love to hear from you and ask you include the
> relevant source material e.g witness to .... wedding in 1862 etc.
> Many Thanks
> Regards

Pam
--