NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2000-08 > 0966000308

From: Barbara Hartley <>
Subject: [NZ] Donald MacIntosh
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:25:08 -0700

Posted on: General New Zealand Queries Board
Reply Here: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/NewZealand/General/997

Surname: McIntosh, Mckay
-------------------------

I dont know if they are related or not but my g.g.grandfather Alexander
Mckay married Catherine McIntosh and left Scotland on the "Hercules" with
thier family of 5 (one of the sons name was Donald) Arrived in Melbourn
on the "Australia" 1853. My g.grandfather Archibald (13yrs) went to work
for his Uncle Archibald McIntosh at Wimmera on a sheep station.In 1860
he came to N.Z. with another uncle, John MacIntosh.In 1869 he married his
cousin Jessie McIntosh. Both the McKay and McIntosh families must have
all came out about the same time and settled in the Hedgehope district.
Southland. I think most of them spent the remainder of their lives there.
I know the Donald that I mentioned is a McKay but may have been named after
an uncle. If any of this sounds familiar I would like to hear from you
as I have got nowhere with the McIntoshes yet.

This thread: