NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2002-05 > 1021007522

From: "David Lamb" <>
Subject: Re: [NZ] Advice on UK certificates
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:12:02 +0100

Hello,

A good starting point for anyone researching ancestors who lived in the
United Kingdom is the so-called "GENUKI" (acronym for something like
"GENealogy in the UK and Ireland") site at http://www.genuki.org.uk/ The
site has a page all about birth, marriage and death certificates, at:
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/civreg/index.html
For a means of ordering certificates, and if necessary searching the Indexes
for the references needed, go to Genfair, at:
http://www.genfair.com/shop/system/index.html Click on "Main Hall". In
the right hand side column headed "Ancestry Arcade," click on the first link
"1881 Census & BMD Search and Certificate Service". This service is run by
the Essex Society for Family History, but covers the whole of England and
Wales.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
David Lamb (Paignton, Devon, UK)
NZ Interest: Descendants of Thomas BERRY (1796-1872)