NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1041458943

From: Julie Skellern <>
Subject: Re: [NZ] Death Indexes?
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:09:36 +1300

Our death indexes are by year then alpha - microfiche, but you don't NEED
the index number to order a cert. if you have the name and date. The index
number can be checked against a booklet to ascertain the registration
district......

Check out:

Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages (Dept of Internal Affairs) - on-line
(use "google") will give you all the details for ordering certificates - BUT
get the micrographic copes - same price - are copies directly from the
register and can contain more detail (avoids transcription errors too).

Did you want the index number for any other reason than ordering certs
etc???

Julie M Skellern,
NEW ZEALAND