NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1042659278

From: "Gail Moore" <>
Subject: [NZ] Passenger Lists
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:34:38 +1300

Hi there

I am a first time user. I was wondering whether anyone could point me in the
right direction regarding viewing passenger lists for shipping.
My father Ivan (or Jack as he was known) MAICH (or MAIC) came to NZ (from
Yugoslavia - as it was then called) in about 1904 or 1905 (presumably to
Auckland). At that time he was classed as an Austrian immigrant and was a
gumdigger up around the Redhill/Te Kopuru area
.
I have researched at National Archives, Wellington, various databases on the
net, visited the Maritime Museum, Auckland and contacted most MAICH's from
the White Pages - but to no avail.
Here's hoping

Gail Moore (nee Maich)