NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1042845312

From: "ferguson" <>
Subject: [NZ] PATERSON (Thames district)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:31:09 +1300

Good afternoon Listers
I am back again after a long absence.

I am researching the PATERSON family of Thames and looking for

JAMES PATERSON b 1862 (Melbourne)

He married MARY SPIERS MCWATERS in 1890

James was a Tinsmith,Plumber etc in Pollen Street, Thames.
He was owner of the Thames Paint Manufacturing Company specializing in Hematite paints

He was still alive in 1923 when his father WILLIAM KEDDIE PATERSON died.

I am lead to believe that he had 3 children.

In the late 1800's he was a prominent member of the Thames Volunteer Fire Brigade.

Would love to hear from any descendants of James and Mary or anyone with information regarding the family.

Many thanks
Ave Ferguson (nee PATERSON)

This thread: