NEW-ZEALAND-L ArchivesArchiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1043102524
From: "Stephen Donald" <>
Subject: [NZ] Tolaga Bay Memoir about to be published
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:42:04 +1300
We have finished my father's memoirs and will be launching this on 15th Feb
at Tolaga Bay. Here are the details (with our list administrator's
MANY ROADS FROM HAUITI - A Tolaga Bay Memoir, is a soft-covered book of 250
pages in A4 format, by Sam (G.L.A.) Donald, with introduction and appendices
by Stephen Donald ISBN 0-473-09264-6
This memoir is a personal recollection of growing up in Tolaga Bay, living
through the 1930s Depression up to World War II.
Appendices prepared by Stephen Donald expand material referred to the text.
· maps, diagrams and documents relating to the places, people and events
referred to in the text.
· an introductory essay setting the scene on the East Coast through to World
· a short history of Wigan and Mangaheia schools
· background and details of the Wigan Settlement, 1903; the Paremata block
subdivision and auction, 1904; the Tolaga Bay Saleyards Company, 1905; the
Tolaga Cooperative Dairy Company, 1912; McNeil Sheepfarming Company, 1926
· some Tolaga Bay postal history, and. lists of householders and electors
from the Uawa district in the early 20th Century.
· mini-biographies of a number of Tolaga Bay identities of the late 19th and
early 20th Centuries in the extensive footnotes.
For further details contact us at
20 Miro Street,
ph 06 867 7569
a.k.a. Rakopu Press
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.423 / Virus Database: 238 - Release Date: 25/11/2002
|[NZ] Tolaga Bay Memoir about to be published by "Stephen Donald" <>|