NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1043362954

From: "legarthm" <>
Subject: [NZ] Saturday Research in Wellington
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:02:34 +1300

It may be of interest to some, to know that in Wellington, the National
Library is open on Saturday Mornings, possibly until 1.p.m. There is a wide
range of material available.
The Wellington Public Library is open most of the day , on Saturdays, & has
a large selection of Gazettes, going back to at least late 1800's , & Post
Office Directories which certainly covered a wide area of at least the
North Island.
There may well be more genealogy research material , available, that I have
not used.
Someone who researches in Wellington, more often than I do, may be more
precise, in what is available, & know the exact opening times, for those who
can only visit on Sarurdays.
Mary

This thread: