NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2003-01 > 1043368665

From: "Keith Morris" <>
Subject: Re: [NZ] Victorian goldfields records
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:37:45 +1000

Hi Clyde

There was a Legislative Council election in Victoria in 1856 with property
owners and miners licence holders eligible to vote.

He shopuild be on that if in Victoria at the time.

I currently live in Queensland and am not aware of an index here.

Suggest you try the list to see if someone there can
help you.

There were directories for various Victorian towns at the same period, so
there are possibilities after the voters list.

Regards Keith Morris