NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2004-08 > 1092986548

From: "Jeanette" <>
Subject: Sth Cross 1 March 1864 - Shipping Page 10 cont. big list of names
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:22:28 +1200

Continuing on.....

1st March 1864 - Page 10 Shipping:

CLEARED OUTWARDS for FEBRUARY:

Feb 10th
Sea King - Capt PINEL (?) for Sydney
Passengers:
Mr & Mrs LEEK
Mrs WEBSTER
Mr CRUICKSHANK
Mr PACE
Rev J THOM
Messrs: BLACK, GOLDIE, ROSENTHAL & RUSSELL

Feb 11th
Juverna - Capt HIRLEY for Sydney
Passengers:
Rev. Father ROYER
Mr & Mrs TATTERSALL

Feb 13th
Nile - Capt COWIESON for Newcastle, NSW
Passenger: Mr WALKER

Feb 15th
A W STEVENS - Capt BROWN for Newcastle, NSW
Passengers: Mrs BROWN and 3 children

Feb 18th
Ulcoats - Capt CHAMBERS for Otago
Passengers: Miss BRICE, Miss A BRICE, Mr Thomas BRICE

Feb 19th
Rainbow - Capt NICHOLLS for New Bedford
Passengers: Mrs EATON and servant

Feb 22nd
Rangatira - Capt MUNDLE for Napier and Southern Ports
Passengers:
Mr KERR
Capt & Mrs FAIRCLOUGH
Sgt. DERRETT
Capt. & Mrs ROUGH

Feb 23rd
Phoebe - Southern Ports
Passengers:
Mr PERRISON
Mrs STEEL, the Misses STEEL
Mr H T CLARKE,
Mrs McKELLAR
Messrs: GOSLING, HARGREAVES, CORNBURY, GILMER,
Major & Mrs BEDDLES & family
Capt & Mrs KERR
Miss LEWIS
Mr CRAWFORD
Mrs WALSH

Feb 23rd
Mary Cummings - Capt BARCLAY for Newcastle, NSW
Passengers:
John, Martha & Joseph CRAWFORD and 2 children

FOREIGN INWARDS

Feb 16th
City of Manchester - Tuesday, Feb 16th from the DOWNS - Capt M H BURRELL
Passengers:
Cabin:
M E HULLET
Mr J W WARP, Mrs M Mary, William, Bertha, Margaret, Alexander & James WARP

2nd Cabin:
Samuel BAILEY
Lewis FORKETH
George THORPE
Samuel HAIR
Alexander & James ALLEN
Henry IRELAND
James ROBINSON
Hamilton ECHLIN
Lewis ZEHUCLER

also Mr JULL (in charge of the Governors deer)

Feb 16th
The Kate from Sydney - Capt SHERLOCK - Tuesday, Feb 16th
Passengers:
Capt David SPAIN, R N, Commander Edward HAY, R N, Mr Edward AMPHLETT, R N,
Edwin A MITCHELL
Mrs KcKOY (?) and family
Mr & Mrs ANDREWS & child
Mrs & Mrs BROKERS and 3 children
Mr & Mrs BENWOOD & 3 children
Mr & Mrs RIDDLE & 4 children
Mr & Mrs LAND & 2 children
Mrs & Mrs MARRIOTT & 5 children
Mr & Mr MORGAN
Mr & Mrs THOMPSON & 1 child
Mr & Mrs WILLIAMS & 4 children
W WATSON
W DEAR
George BOYLE
Henry LAUNDERS
C GREEN
Robert STACEY
Alex. McMILLOT
Jerald SHEPHERD
Henry MULLEN
J W STEVENS
J KEELY
S WRIGHT
Thomas McGUFFOR
W DIXON
J BROWN
J FINLAYSON
J SWERDON
W RUDLAND

Feb 17th
Clipper - Swiftsure - from Melbourne, Wednesday Feb 17th - Capt Mark BYATT MAYHEW
Bringing upwards of 1000 military settlers including men, women & children all in good health. Under the command of Capt. STUART and Lieut WALKER

Cabin passengers:
Mrs DUNN & 2 children
Mrs Major BADLEY & & 4 children
Mrs SMITH & 4 children
Mrs LOMAX & 2 children
Mrs FRASER & 4 children
Mrs DONLEY
Mrs BARKER
Mrs MAYHEW

Dart - Capt JOUBERT, from Sydney
Passengers:
Mrs COX
Mrs DUNNETT
Mr PENDENNIS
Mr ANDERSON

Brig- Arthur MacKenzie - Capt DYSON from Melbourne
Passengers:
Mrs HART
Mr JACOBS
Miss ISAACS & 2 children

POSSIBLY MISSED FROM LIST FOR THE JUVERNA from Sydney on Feb 8th
Mr & Mrs BURGH & family
Mr ALCORN (this could possibly be Richard ALDWORN)
Mr DEMESTRE

Unfortunately they seem to put the list of names and ships in and further on they do a bit of a write up and other names (spellings sometimes not good) crop up.

Please remember to CHECK anything I have typed yourself, as I do make mistakes, especially has I have to write freehand and then type up.

Ports of Onehunga to follow

Cheers
Jeanette

This thread: