NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2004-10 > 1099120683

From: "Jeanette" <>
Subject: New Zealander 1850 - Lieut-Colonel WYNYARD
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:18:03 +1300

Hi everyone

Someone asked me a few months ago about the name WYNYARD and I've lost their email address, thought they might be interested in the following:

New Zealander Saturday 2 March 1850 - Page 3

Old Fellows Anniversary Dinner:
By the kind permission of Lieutenant-Colonel WYNYARD, the admirable Band of the 58th Regiment was in attendance and played at intervals during the evening.

One of the toasts was to:
Colonel WYNYARD and the Officers of the 58th Regiment, Air, "March, 58th Regiment"

No idea what the "Air" means but its on all the toasts.

Cheers
Jeanette

This thread: