NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2006-01 > 1137106976

From: Gavin Petrie <>
Subject: Re: [NZ] Non Gen. Help with grammar
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:02:56 +1300

Hi Murray

Is this the word you are looking for.

ob·fus·cate (o(b'f?-ska-t', o(b-fu(s'ka-t') pronunciation
tr.v., -cat·ed, -cat·ing, -cates.

1. To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or
understand: “A great effort was made . . . to obscure or obfuscate the
truth” (Robert Conquest).
2. To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.

Regards
Gavin Petrie

--

Gavin W Petrie
64 Sunnyhills Ave.

If you are interested in 'Immigrant Shipping to New Zealand' between
1835 and 1910, pay my web site a visit at:-

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~shipstonz