NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215036481

From: Sue Kelso <>
Subject: Re: [nz] McDonald, Margaret Ann Josephine
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:08:01 +1000

Dear Wendy

Thank you for your very helpful advice.

I have just had a breakthrough with Margaret's death.

I have been patiently searching Papers Past and have found an entry
in the Grey River Argus on 13 August 1910.

"The Westport Times regrets to have to report the death of Mrs Brown,
wife of Mr Walter E. Brown (Harbour Board office) which took place on
Thursday night after a long illness. The late Mrs Brown was a lady
who was held in exceptional esteem by all who knew her, and her death
is keenly regretted."

Family stories say that Walter was Secretary/Manager of the Westport
Harbour Board.

So now I have to head off for the library to check on entries of
female Brown deaths in 1910.

Regards

Sue

This thread: