NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215074401

From: "John Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] applying for BDM printout questions
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:40:01 +1200

Hi Karen:

I understand that if you order a BDM printout or certificate for a
particular year, the office will search a year either side ie search 3 years
without a search fee; it is only a wider search that attracts the fee for a
search.

>From the reply to John Bright, it appears that the folio number will now be
accepted as identifying the particular BDM entry you require; so you do not
need to know the district or date (which may be the information you are
looking for!).

Yours, John Wilson

Subject: [nz] applying for BDM printout questions

> If I have a folio number for a BD or M do I only pay for the cost of the
> printout e.g. $20 or do they still charge the $15 search fee verifying
> that I have the correct entry, making it $35?
>
> When requesting a print out do I use the same form as the BD or M
> certificate form but note that I want a printout not a certificate? Or can
> I make this request on a sheet of paper with all the details?
>
> Thank you
>
> Karen

This thread: