NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215238007

From: Murray <>
Subject: [nz] Cemeteries in Ararimu, Franklin
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 18:06:47 +1200

I have 2-4 cemeteries in my database on or near Ararimu Road in Franklin:

- Ararimu, Ararimu Rd (B05.01)
- Pratts Rd Cemetery (Catholic Diocese), Pratts Rd, Ararimu (from the
council website)
- St Brigid's, Ararimu & Davies Rd (B05.21)
- Maketu Pa

I suspect that St Brigid's and Pratts Rd refer to the same place - just
to the north east of the junction of Davies and Ararimu Roads - possibly
a little west of the place-marker for St Brigids on my map - in
someone's backyard?

I also suspect that Maketu Pa and Ararimu refer to the same place (or
that Maketu is adjacent) - just north of the junction of Pratts and
Ararimu Roads - the place-marker for Ararimu on my map.

Can anyone confirm that there are 2, 3 or 4 cemeteries there and their
locations?

Many thanks

Murray

Christchurch
New Zealand

Visit us at KiwiCelts.com <http://kiwicelts.com>; for ...

* The only comprehensive list and map of New Zealand Cemeteries
<http://fhr.kiwicelts.com/Cemeteries/NZ_Cemetery_Map.html>;
* Interactive Administrative District map of Ireland
<http://ireland.kiwicelts.com/irishMap/ireMap.html>;
* Our Family History

This thread: