NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215253160

From: Wendy Howard <>
Subject: Re: [nz] re Archives
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 22:19:20 +1200

Hi Marilyn,

"Does this cost you to access these records and I see they say must be
ordered and viewed at the place in question in this case- Dunedin. I am
in Western Australia"

There is no charge for viewing a file in person at the office where it
is held. Files are not moved around to other offices for public
convenience.

If you cannot visit yourself, you could ask someone to visit for you.
If you don't know of anyone who could do this, post the details here on
the list and ask if some kind person would do this for you - there are
people reading this list who enjoy doing these things for other people
for the sheer pleasure of helping a fellow researcher. They could take
notes and/or digital photos and email them to you.

Alternatively, you can request a copy of the file be sent to you, for a
charge. There is information on the Archives New Zealand web site
(http://www.archives.govt.nz/) about this.

Hope this helps. :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard