NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215328428

Subject: [nz] NZSG Branch
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:13:48 +1200 (NZST)

Hello Paul, and All

As convenor of a NZSG branch I can assure you that we do not turn away
non-members who need assistance, nor do we tell them that they have to
join our branch.

As part of our community outreach, a group of members volunteer each
Thursday at our local library - they help all who come along.
Many do join the branch when they see the wealth of knowledge and
experience that our members have.

Membership of a branch does not mean that you have to join the NZSG, and
membership of the NZSG does not mean that you have to belong to a branch.

We do not give access to all our resources to non-members. These
resources are are indexes that have been created by branch members for
other club members, or resources that are purchased with members'
subscriptions.

As far as the NZSG is concerned - think of it like the Automobile
Association. The AA's services are generally available to members only
(yes, I know they have a retail operation too.) If your car breaks down
and you are not an AA member, when you call them, they will tell you that
they will attend to your breakdown if you join the AA.

Anna
Hamilton, New Zealand
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first marry and conceive! ©