NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215340096

From: Graham Hoult <>
Subject: Re: [nz] marriage dates [WILLIAMS/HOSKINS]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:28:16 +1200

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 "vanessa teague" <> bewailed

>Subject: [nz] marriage dates
>
>Hi All,
>
>I have a query about the Marriages Disc.
>Looking for the marriage of Mabel Hoskins and William John Williams,
>I found that they were married 1907 folio number 2386.
>
> On my data I have them married 24th January 1893 in Napier
>
>Obvious question is which one do I take as correct?
>
>Any help greatly appreciated.
>
>Vanessa
>NewZealand

Hi Vanessa

I think that you have misread your marriages CD lookup,
or your CD is different to mine.

I read the year of their marriage as being 1909

Marriages 1909 folio 2386
HOSKINS Mabel & WILLIAMS William John

You do need to get a printout or verify the date some other way

Hope this helps
Graham Hoult
Kirwee, Canterbury

This thread: