NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215381831

From: maureen maureen <>
Subject: [nz] Ships logs
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:03:51 +0000

Good morning list,

Yesterday, after a search that has taken several years, I found where and when my gr gr grandfather, Thomas BERESFORD died.

On about the 12th of June 1868 he was washed off the cutter "Lapwing" during a storm and drowned. He was a crew member.

The "Lapwing" had left Fiji on the 16th May and was off the east coast of the South Island, near Dunedin.

My question is how or can I find the ship's log or any information about the "Lapwing" and her crew.

Many thanks
Maureen
Get inspired - dream, research, plan and book your next holiday online with MSN NZ Travel
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Ftravel%2Emsn%2Eco%2Enz&_t=771497011&_r=MSN_NZ_travel_hmtagline&_m=EXT

This thread: