NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215474216

From: "Goldstraw" <>
Subject: [nz] William REES
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:43:36 +1000

Hi all,
Back from a little break.
I'm wondering when the gold rush started in NZ?

I'm looking for a William REES born in Wales in c1808. He originally was
transported from Wales to Tasmania and was pardoned in 1847. I can't find
any trace of him in Australia but he had a descendent who was in WW1 because
when this young chap was on leave in England he went searching for his
ancestors in Wales.

William REES did marry in Tasmania to a Frances CODE.

It's a big ask I know but if someone can help me,I'd be most appreciative.

Many thanks
Chris
Australia

This thread: