NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215853807

From: "Shona Young" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Decipher occupation 1871 UK census
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:10:07 +1000

Thanks Lynne....I think Leith has hit the spot, but would be good to know
where to go to look up occupations etc as you suggested. Palaeography online
tutorials at the National Archives (UK) is useful for understanding writing,
but it didn't help me this time, not sure they have an occupation list
though.
Cheers,
Shona

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Lynne <> wrote:

> Shona wrote....can decipher an occupation in the 1871 census
>

> Hi Shona
>
> I have had a good look at the record and like you can't work out what the
> word is. Is there a site that lists possible occupations for the 1879s?
>
> Lynne
>
> Townsville

This thread: