NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215855369

From: "Annette" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Cemetery Data reliability
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:36:09 +1200

I have found what I consider as "mistakes", date in paper, headstone are
both different and also diferent to what was on the death certificate. We
must also remember that transcribers can make mistakes, and/or some of the
records are old and not always the easiest to read. If you find a what you
consider is a mistake most of the cemetery data base holders will correct
them if you can prove the correct information, e.g. have the date from a
death certificate

Annette