NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215911627

From: "Leith Friend" <>
Subject: [nz] Direct URL for Waikumete Cemetery
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:13:47 +1200

Hi List

Forgot to put the direct URL when I mailed before - I was so shocked to find the records online !! :-)

http://www.waitakere.govt.nz/cnlser/cm/cemeterysearch/olddefault.aspx

I discovered it last night when I went to the Auckland Library List at http://www.aucklandcitylibraries.com/heritage/familyhistory/cemeteriesinauckland

There is a link to the Waikumete page and on that page the link to the Search page is under the Genealogy Paragraph close to the bottom of the page. It says:

Genealogy
Our on-line cemetery search allows people to search cemetery records and find information about their family and friends. By entering the details you know, you can get more specific >information such as the full name, age, date of death, type of burial, and funeral director.

Presently on-line Genealogy searches are free of charge, however should you visit the office for your research the current charges are $10 per search. Our staff are pleased to assist you with your research, but we advise that first consideration must be given to our bereaved families.

We ask for your understanding that you may be requested to wait or return at a later stage to have your enquiry attended to.

Regards

Leith Friend
Hamilton
New Zealand