NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215918007

From: Watson Family <>
Subject: [nz] Re "OLD TIMES RESTAURANT" Dunedin
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:00:07 +0900

Hi,
Thought I'd toss this into the ring.
I am researching with the wonderful help of Jacquie and Leith, my RAEBURN
family.
I have found the marriage of Margaret Raeburn 18yr to Louis Peter
Paterson/Peterson a restaurant keeper in 1866. His restaurant appears to be
in Princes South St Dunedin. Later referred to as railway restaurant.
She later married again in 1889 to Francis Janto. She said she had been a
widow since 1872.I haven't been able to find his death.
I googled in Louis Peter Peterson and this interesting snippet came up

Missing Persons as Listed in the Salvation Army 'War Cry' 1894

PETERSON, Louis Peter: age 55, fair complexion, 5ft 5in high.
Native of Copenhagen. Was once the proprietor of the 'Old Times'
Restaurent, Dunedin. Sons anx.

She actually remarried in the Knox Church in Dunedin so this is all a bit
surprising.
I wondered if there is any book reference about "Old Times Restaurant"
Dunedin. So would welcome any help
cheers Marilyn from Western Australia

Woodcarvings and Wildlife Sculptures
http://www.watsonwoodcarver.com