NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1215991733

From: "Marc Rainsford North" <>
Subject: [nz] Scottish Ancestry
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:28:53 +1000

Hi gang,

Just while I'm thinking about it, thought I'd drop a line about a branch I
am in despair over, hopefully someone can give me advice on what to do next.

My 2 x great grandmother; Known facts:

Born circa 1850 - Scotland

Name: Agnes Dalrymple Calderwood

Married: 4/9/1867 - Hamilton, New Zealand

Children: 13 - all born in New Zealand

Died: 8 May 1905 - Pukekohe, NZ

Buried: 10 May 1905 - Pukekohe Cemetery, NZ

That's it!

I have searched the IGI and discovered that this name of Calderwood is very
common in Scotland and/or England.

Found:

James Calderwood m. 01 Oct 1849, Dumfries, Scotland to Helen Dalrymple.

Where will I get the most information from?

A death certificate, marriage certificate or try to get a birth certificate
for her (Agnes) from the UK?

What would you do?

This thread: