NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216163713

From: carogene <>
Subject: [nz] Petone - old photos
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:15:13 +1200

I have an old photo of Riddlers Crescent, Petone probably taken about 1907.
It has written along the base of the photo in white writing 'Arcadia
Series, Riddlers Crescent, Petone'
In the old album on the same page, was a group shot of my great
grandparents and their children, taken in the garden.
They are all dressed in their 'Sunday best', but there is no date on either
photo.
My guess is that a local photographer went around taking street scenes, then
offered to take photos of the occupants for an additional fee.
Can anyone confirm this or shed some light please? Does anyone have a better
idea of a date please?
Many thanks.
Carolyn

This thread: