NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216235502

From: Ian Westergaard <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Scott?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:11:42 +1200

Hi Debby

New Zealand birth and death indexes are only on fiche so unless someone is
going to the library for themselves it is a big ask. However as you are in
Melbourne you can look them up yourself at the genealogical section of the
State Library.

The Index only gives the name, year and a folio number so you will need to
purchase a certificate - get a printout as it is a photocopy of the actual
registry entry and may contain more information than is on a certificate
which is a transcription.

Here is the URL - sorry it is so long but Tiny URL doe not seem to be
working this morning. As it has gone onto two lines you may need to copy
and paste it into your browser address bar.

<http://www.censorship.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Index?OpenDocument>;

Onehunga is a suburb of Auckland.

Ian Westergaard
New Zealand