NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216240567

From: "Florence & Tom" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Thames Goldminer?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:36:07 +1000

Dear Kae,

My Great Grandfather, Thomas Cook Martin, age 20, married Emily Ellen Stevens in Christchurch in 1862. Their Intention to Marry stated that Thomas had been resident for 5 years, his Parents and Birthplace Unknown. This indicates that Thomas was in Christchurch in 1857, aged 15 years. I have no information about him prior to this.
Knowing at least his Original Nationality would help to narrow my search for his Birthplace and his Parents.

A search for Thomas Cook Martin on your wonderful site Gold Miners of New Zealand 1861 to 1868 shows
927 Thomas MARTIN 5 Sept 1861 Tuapeka Otago New Zealand
3794 Thomas MARTIN 30 Sept 1861 Tuapeka Otago New Zealand
3843 Thomas C. MARTIN 30 Sept 1861 Tuapeka Otago New Zealand
4860 B Thomas MARTIN 14 Oct 1861 Tuapeka Otago New Zealand
5927 Thomas MARTIN 28 Oct 1861 Tuapeka Otago New Zealand
6069 Thomas MARTIN 1 June 1868 Karaka Thames New Zealand

Possibly 3843 Thomas C Martin could be the Thomas Cook Martin I am Searching for ???

Could you please advise me if any information about the Miner's Nationality is on the Miner's Rights ???

Is it possible to get a copy of the original Miner's Right from the Archives ???

Thank You, Tom

Thomas P Martin
Sale, Victoria
Australia.