NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216611225

From: "Mike" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] John & Jane ANDERSON
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:33:45 +1200

Hello Althea

Thank you for that pointer, a nice point to start from. It looks as if he didn't return with his in-laws. I presume that those are two different Johns. Or did he live in Devonport and own land in Parnell?

Mike

MIke wrote:

> Is anyone able to help with where John taught before the marriage? Or whether
> he stayed there after the marriage? Did they stay in NZ or return to the UK
> when her father, Charles PIKE, returned there sometime before 1881?

http://0-www.aucklandcity.govt.nz.www.elgar.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/electoral/electoral.html
Name Anderson, John
Property Type residential
Electorate Waitemata
Residence Devonport
Occupation teacher
Notes October 1881
Name Anderson, John
Property Type freehold
Electorate Parnell
Residence Grafton road
Occupation teacher
Notes lot 6, section 18,; Grafton road; October 1881

This thread: