NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216716412

From: "Pete Smee" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] NEW-ZEALAND Digest, Vol 3, Issue 323
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:46:52 +0100

Murray

The London Gazette archive can be very confusing as the Announcements are
published before the Award/Promotion is made. And to make sure you don't
find anything useful the OCR process that built the search index
concatenated the last word in one line with the first line of the next.

Therefore to find Alan in the Archive you need to search on the word
Frankcurgenven on the 19th of December 1944.

No additional info shown, but I don't know if you already know but you can
purchase online the source document for the info you have been given?

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?queryT
ype=1&resultcount=1&Edoc_Id=7677275

This should provide you with the Citation for the award.

HTH
Pete Smee