NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216767591

From: "Florence & Tom" <>
Subject: [nz] Re-Thomas Cook Martin
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:59:51 +1000

Dear List,

This is a long shot, but my search for my UNKNOWN Great Grandfather, Thomas Cook Martin, who died in Christchurch in 1869, is now amounting to LONG SHOTS.

While going through some of my Grandmother's memorabilia, I have found an empty personal envelope addressed to :

Mrs F. Martin, Bennison P O, South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia.

On the back is the senders address, but no name, just 20 James Rd, Manurewa, New Zealand.

The envelope is postmarked Oct 1953, Auckland, NZ.

Is this address known to anyone ?? Would anyone have any Idea WHO resided at 20 James Rd, Manurewa in 1953.

Thanks Tom.

Thomas P Martin
Sale
Victoria Australia