NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216777390

From: "LORI ADKINS" <>
Subject: [nz] Mary Ann Garlick/Gordon
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:43:10 -0600

Hello List,

Would anyone have access to the electrol Rolls for the Dunedin area. I am looking for Mary Ann Garlick she left her husband William in 1868 and took there 2 sons William and Frederick with her to NZ upon arrived she assumed the surname of Gordon to avoid her husband finding her and their boys. She spent a few months with her family in Wanganui he parents were Walter and Ann Taylor. She then took the boys with her to Dunedin and in 1870 the boys were taken from her for child neglect and put into the Dunedin Industrial School for 7 yrs. After 1870 I have not been able to find out what happened to Mary Ann so maybe she is listed on the Electrol Rolls. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kindest Regards
Lori Adkins

This thread: