NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216785978

From: Ian Westergaard <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Looking for PATRICK
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 04:06:18 -0000

New Zealand birth and death indexes are only on fiche so unless someone is
going to the library for themselves it is a big ask.

However you may be able look them up yourself at the genealogical section
of your local library or at a Family History Centre near you.

The Index only gives the name, year and a folio number so you will need to
purchase a certificate - get a printout as it is a photocopy of the actual
registry entry and may contain more information than is on a certificate
which is a transcription.

Here is the URL - sorry it is so long but Tiny URL doe not seem to be
working this afternoon. As it has gone onto two lines you may need to copy
and paste it into your browser address bar.

<http://www.censorship.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Index?OpenDocument>;

Ian Westergaard
New Zealand