NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216799190

From: Dean <>
Subject: [nz] Re - Re-Thomas Cook Martin
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:16:30 +0930

Hello Tom

My family lived at 20 James Rd from 1966 for over 30 years.
Unfortunately I cannot tell you who was living there in 1953 and I cannot
think of anyone residing in the street who would have lived there then.

What you may want to try is the electoral roll for the area. Manurewa
would have been relatively small round then so if there is a roll
available for round that period it may not be a too arduous task.

good luck

Dean

> Dear List,
>
> This is a long shot, but my search for my UNKNOWN Great Grandfather,
Thomas
> Cook Martin, who died in Christchurch in 1869, is now amounting to LONG
> SHOTS.
>
> While going through some of my Grandmother's memorabilia, I have found
an
> empty personal envelope addressed to :
>
> Mrs F. Martin, Bennison P O, South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia.
>
> On the back is the senders address, but no name, just 20 James Rd,
> Manurewa, New Zealand.
>
> The envelope is postmarked Oct 1953, Auckland, NZ.
>
> Is this address known to anyone ?? Would anyone have any Idea WHO
resided
> at 20 James Rd, Manurewa in 1953.
>

> Thanks Tom.
>
> Thomas P Martin