NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216813167

From: "CLAIRE SINCLAIR PATERSON" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Louis Cramer, Invercargill ?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:39:27 +1200

Hello Les , At last I am able to answer you , I have been looking for

my book about Invercargill Hotels , called Drink or Drought .

Hotels in Invercargill was one Golden Age ,Spey St (south side

2nd section from Dee St) name CREMER Hotel Keeper

was later called Gridiron & Shamrock

this was reported in the paper of the day 20 April 1864 .

He may have had another hotel before this, but some of the earlier

Holels were not recorded.

Hope this might be some help .

Cheers CLAIRE

Claire Sinclair PATERSON