NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216861823

From: "Olwyn Whitehouse" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Helen Exell MADIGAN nee Pinckney (Hamilton area).
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:10:23 -0500

Thank you Doreen for doing the lookups. That George J (John) Pinckney at the
Clutha is her father. I wonder where the middle name, Exell, came from. It
looks like an English surname.

Hamilton Cemteries online have the spelling of her middle name as Excell.
Which spelling is likely to be correct??
http://www.nationaltrustnames.org.uk/Surnames.aspx

http://web.hcc.govt.nz/jsplive/assure32_det.jsp
Name Helen Excell Madigan
Age 71 Years
Date of death 26-August-1954
Date of burial Saturday 28-August-1954
Cemetery Hamilton East Cemetery
Location G-E-41

Name: Patrick James Madigan
Age 76 Years
Date of death 28-March-1954
Date of burial Tuesday 30-March-1954
Cemetery Hamilton East Cemetery
Location G-D-54

Helen Exell Madigan died 71yrs 1954 in Hamilton east

I dont know if u want any other info Olwyn, but with time to spare I looked
at the 1893 elect roll and Agnes is listed as married women living Tapanui
in the Clutha Electorate.The only George on is a Farmer living Orari Bridge
Rangitata Electorate. Helen not on. A George J Pinkney a labourer at Clutha
would be worth considering.(possibly working on a site away from home) A
Helen Pinckney married a Patrick James Madigan in 1912.place not indicated.
death advised on list. cheers Doreen

Cheers,
Olwyn
Kiwi in TX
I hope some of you made use of that newspaper site I mentioned earlier.

> Does anyone have any marriage details on Helen PINCKNEY, please? She
> married a Mr Madigan probably 1900 around Tapanui then moved to the North
Island
> after her marriage. Her parents were Agnes McMILLAN who married George
> John PINCKNEY 3 Sep 1875, West Taieri. Where is Helen buried?

This thread: