NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216892218

From: "Shirley Arabin" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Occupation: what is a Carter?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:36:58 +1200

This is starting to make me feel old. When I was young there were carters
with a truck who for instance picked up goods from the railway station and
delivered to shops in the country town I lived in. If you had a box you
wanted delivered you called the carter. They even took the mailbags from
the PO to the railway. they did a lot of the deliveries that couriers do
today.
Shirley