NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1216975474

From: "Mabel Harvey" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Help with the name ESTORFFE
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:44:34 +1000

Hi Jo

Not sure if you already have this seeming as you have the British Army info

Your man is on the 1901 UK census and it also lists him as being born in
ChCh

William ESTORFFE
He is in Freshwater, Hampshire age 30 c1871
He is listed as a Lance Corporal
His wife is Agnes and he has 4 children: Reginald, William, Violet and
Albert
His wife and children are all listed as being born on the Isle of White

It appears he also died Age 53 in the UK in the 1st Q 1926 at Medway Kent
2a/933

There are also some army records there which say among other things that he
was in the Royal Engineers and before joining was a Carpenter.

I can have a further look at the records for you if you haven't got access
if this would help

Good luck with your search

Mabel