NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1217037924

From: "Carol Orr" <>
Subject: [nz] getting to be a brickwall-help needed
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:05:24 +1200

Hello List

Please please is there anyone out there who can possibly help.I have
been researching the name WILLETT and cant get anything on the lady in
question. Following is all the info I have on her;

ELIZABETH WILLETT. Born around 1855 (don't know as yet if it was in NZ
or England), however she was married to WILLIAM POLLARD in Patea, 26th
march, St George's church 1877.She was aged 23. There are no parents or
father as that info I am told wasn't on certs in this time frame.

Elizabeth died in New Plymouth, 1934, 6th March.

These are the children she had with William:

Ada jane b. 1854

William joseph

Emily sarah

Alice Elizabeth

Violet rose

Francis Thomas

George w. born 1884, died 27th feb. 1906

c.h. (possibly Charles)

They never moved away from the taranaki area, however did elizabeth come
to NZ alone or with parents if at all or was she born some place other
than taranaki. William came to NZ from England in 1874 as a single man.
Why cant I find any info on Elizabeth in taranaki before her marriage
however small the time frame was between her arrival here (if that is
how she got here)and her marriage to William.Any help really

Appreciated.

Carol Orr

This thread: